I am thankful for or that
- A working fire place and fire wood.
- All the Duke Energy crews who worked so hard to restore power to thousands after the 1 March 2009 snow & ice storm.
- Blankets and sleeping bags.
- Money to buy food at restaurants while our power was out.
- Sunshine to melt the snow and ice.
- Hot showers.
- Some parts of town still had power.
- Cell phones.
- Furman Library being open part of the day on 20090302 so LEB & the kids & CIB’s friend RB could warm up and use computers, etc.
I acknowledge myself for
- Driving safely in the snow and ice.
- Using the times I drove in the snow and ice to instruct GAB.
- Going to get firewood Sunday night.
- Keeping the fire going so we were warm in the den.
- Taking a shower last night before bed.
- Watching basketball on TV last night with MJB.
- Going to work for half a day.
- Changing the towels & sheets in the master bedroom and bathroom.
- Doing a yoga workout on Sunday.
- Doing lots of help desk tickets at work.