I woke up this morning and thought to myself “Oh no. Here we go again. Another week of dashing from home to work to some event for a child, scrambling, scrambling, scrambling…” I mentioned this feeling to my wife as we rode to work together. She said she had the same feeling while brushing her teeth this morning. As I got out of the van at my office building she reminded me that we should be thankful that we both have jobs in this suffering economy that shed 500K jobs in November and over 1 million jobs in the last 3 months. So, the gratitude journal begins again.
Today I am thankful for
- my job.
- being able to walk.
- that we have our van.
- that the van is in good working order.
- left over home made turkey soup for lunch.
- having apples and oranges for snacks.
- that GAB is enjoying being a member of her high school band.
- that CIB and MJB got home safely from school.
- LEB cooking dinner.
- Having money to buy a scale and some razors at WalMart.
I acknowledge myself for
- listening to 30+ minutes of personal development material.
- reading 10+ pages of professional development material.
- reading 10+ pages of person development material.
- listening to 30+ minutes of professional development material.
- eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- folding a load of laundry.
- washing a load of laundry.
- picking up GAB from badn practice after school.
- recording the time spent on various tasks in the Activity Tracker at work.
- restarting this journal.